|HACCP ( Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points )
From Jan 1st 2006 the law changed for all catering business throughout Europe as follows;
All food business's will be required to have a fully documented HACCP system and be trained in its implementation use.
NCASS has what we believe to be the most cost effective and time efficient system on the market today and the good news is it is free to members, as is the training, which is part of our Level 2 hygiene and safety course.
Whether you cater from a fixed site or from one or more mobile units our system will work for you and involve you in a minimum of time and effort, but keeping you within the law.
The system is built around a ring binder and comprises of several elements:
1) A daily recording diary – to log fridge temperatures, freezer temperatures, food temperatures and the cleaning schedule used on the day
2) A laminated cleaning schedule to be kept in each food preparation area
3) Health & Safety Policy document
4) Health & Safety Risk assessment
5) A flow diagram of the food through the business on a step by step basis for each of the types of food that are prepared
6) A risk assessment for each of the above steps
7) Customer complaint system and register
8) Supplier Complaint register
9) Pest control register
10) Training register
11) Accident and sickness register
12) Driver record
13) Vehicle records
14) A code of practice for either mobile or static site caterers
15) Health and safety policy
16) Fire risk asessment