Article correct at time of writing: (20:20pm on 04.01.21)
The PM has just announced that England is set to move into Alert Level 5 and is now under a nationwide lockdown similar to the one set out in March 2020.
What are the rules?
– You are only allowed to leave your home for essential reasons – i.e. for food shopping, medical purposes or to escape domestic violence.
– You must work from home wherever possible.
– Schools will once again close (except for children of key workers and vulnerable children).
– You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
– If you are in the vulnerable category, you should once again start shielding.
– You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with (if you are legally permitted to form one).
– You should not meet other people you do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, unless for a permitted reason.
– Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household.
Restrictions will be in place from midnight tonight and will officially become law on Wednesday 6th January 2021.
Can I offer delivery/takeaway?
– Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs must close; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through.
– All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery.
– Market stalls selling essential retail may also stay open.
More details will be published in due course. Visit the Gov.uk website for more information on the nationwide lockdown.
For more help and support on how to offer collection, delivery or takeaway for your business, view our Covid-19 Compliance Resources.