Ice Cream Vendors trading in Shropshire

Shropshire Councils Street Trading Policy 2018-2023 has adopted all streets within Shropshire as Licensable Streets (with exceptions listed in Appendix 1). This means that if you are trading in an area defined as a street, you are likely to need a Street Trading Licence.

Street includes any road, footway, beach or other area to which the public have access without payment. This includes private land.

We are encouraging Ice Cream Vendors to come forward and contact Shropshire Councils Licensing team to ensure that the correct permissions are in place.

Do I require a Street Trading Licence?

Yes – if you are trading from a Van or Bike in a licensable area.

Yes – if you are selling ice cream from a kiosk or a movable stall in a licensable area.

Trading in a licensable area without a licence is a criminal offence , it is illegal to engage in street trading without a valid licence. A person found guilty of the offence of engaging in street trading in a licensed street without being authorised to do so may be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £1000.

Further information is available at

Please contact Shropshire Councils Licencing team:

Trading Standards & Licensing
Public Protection

0345 678 9026

[email protected]

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get the latest industry news, updates, and insights.

By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.