Businesses across Scotland will benefit from a new £185 million package of targeted coronavirus
The announcement follows discussions with business groups and sees a wide range of sectors benefiting, from taxi drivers and arts venues to travel agents and hospitality.
In addition, there will be additional one-off payments to hospitality businesses in January to help them deal with the traditional post-Christmas dip in demand. These will be of £2,000 or £3,000, depending on rateable value.
This will include:
- £15 million for the wedding sector and its supply chain, including photographers
- one-off grants totalling £15 million for mobile close contact services, such as hairdressers
- a £19 million fund and one-off grants for taxi drivers
- £5 million for travel agents
- almost £6 million for coach companies and tour operators
- £1.5 million for visitor attractions
More detail on the package will be announced in the coming days and businesses can expect to apply for all the new grant schemes in January. Please check the https://www.gov.scot/ and your local authority website for more news on this as it is published.