Kings Norton, Birmingham, B30
To help the business build software and deliver on its strategy by assuring the quality of the software delivered by the development team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design and execution of functional and non-functional testing of software.
- Understand requirements to determine recommended test coverage in terms of new functionality and regression testing.
- Attend all sprint events, including contributing to refinement, planning and review.
- Perform QA on project artefacts (eg. user stories, tickets) to allow improvements on these artefacts and on the process as a whole.
- Manage own usage of test data, capture test evidence, and ensure test results are accurate.
- Create and maintain test artefacts to the defined standards, as well as supporting others in the same pursuit by performing peer test artefact reviews.
- Participate in reviews and workshops to develop, improve the quality of, and sign-off specifications and other documentation.
- Identify, log and track defects that contain sufficient information to support their resolution.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of software testing best practices and their applications.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology.
- Experience in API testing using tools like Postman.
- Experience with SQL.
- Previous use of Azure DevOps as a test management tool.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- A strong team player capable of working with individual and team targets.
- Self-motivated and solution focussed
- Organised and strong work ethic
- A ‘get stuck in’ attitude
We’re the only specialist organisation for independent food & drink businesses in the UK and have been supporting our members to be safe, legal and profitable for over 30 years!
What we do
We provide our members with an account manager, ongoing support, legal documentation, professional services, training courses, work opportunities and exclusive discounts, saving our members save time and money when it comes to running and making their catering business a success.
We’re always working on developing, supporting and growing our sector and have a range of training courses and services that can help our members along the way!