Kings Norton, Birmingham, B30
To help the business build software and deliver on its strategy
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a thorough understanding of our business, our market sectors and customers to allow informed decisions about product features and direction.
- Understand and document our requirements for software features, including acceptance criteria.
- Work with the Technical Director to deliver the product vision and produce detailed requirements, prototypes whilst continuously engaging key stakeholders from across the business.
- To ensure the project scope is well defined and deliverables are clear and unambiguous.
- Own, write and prioritise the product backlog.
- Arrange and lead product refinement sessions with the development team
- Create intuitive and engaging solutions, drive continuous improvement, flag innovative changes that may impact customer experience and generally strive to ensure we are the best we can be in product delivery
- Produce and maintain product documentation, including any supporting material if required.
- To ensure that projects are delivered to time, budget and quality.
- Track and report project costs and time spent, highlighting deviations from agreed tolerance.
- Prepare project status reports to stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Product Owner or Business Analyst, with background in delivering software using modern technologies with an internal team
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent track record of translating and delivering clear detailed requirements and supporting backlogs.
- Relevant commercial experience and awareness to help set priorities of product investments and drive commercial product success
- Hands-on experience of agile software delivery practice.
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
- Strong client, project sponsor and stakeholder relationship skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- A strong team player capable of working with individual and team targets.
- Self-motivated and solution focussed
- Organised and strong work ethic
- A ‘get stuck in’ attitude
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Product Owner Application’ and we’ll get back to you asap!
We’re the only specialist organisation for independent food & drink businesses in the UK and have been supporting our members to be safe, legal and profitable for over 30 years!
What we do
We provide our members with an account manager, ongoing support, legal documentation, professional services, training courses, work opportunities and exclusive discounts, saving our members save time and money when it comes to running and making their catering business a success.
We’re always working on developing, supporting and growing our sector and have a range of training courses and services that can help our members along the way!