Calling all DreaMMers!
Do you have a cool, tasty food concept you are looking to scale? What about an amazing entertainment offering or a community-based cultural startup? Do you have a great idea? We want to help you make it happen.
Come, apply, and pitch your ideas for a chance to join our MMovement and accelerate your DREAMM project into A BIG HIT!
- If selected, you will get to develop your projects with our TeaMM and go through our MM incubation programme, which includes:
- Waived entry and set up fees (except a GBP 500 fee to print your menu and shack banner, which will be designed in collaboration with you for free)
- Tailored mentorship and support from our TeaMM
What do you need to do to participate?
To participate, you will need to be an NCASS member and have an NCASS number. Then, you can fill out the application here and you are on your way to becoming a dreaMMer!
What are we looking for?
As our MM Markets are expanding in both the UK and Internationally, we need both food & non-food businesses, that are aligned with our vision & values, to join our MMovement and grow with us.
Types of businesses we are interested in:
Innovative Business Concepts
Both food and non-food concepts, including retail offerings, creative businesses, cultural concepts, food stalls, musical concepts, etc.
Sustainable Business Projects
Innovative agro-economic projects, smart agriculture ideas, innovative recycling methods, forward-thinking waste management solutions etc.
Businesses involved in community initiatives or keen to take part in them, local organisations keen to set up community partnerships, organisations with ideas for community programmes.
Repair shops, fitness professionals, translators, handymen, shoe menders, hairdressers, seamstresses, health professionals etc.
November 4, 2020: MM will host an info-webinar with NCASS to talk about DreaMM and answer any of your questions!
November 15, 2020 – December 15, 2020: Apply to the DreaMM campaign HERE.
December 15, 2020 – January 15, 2020: Selected applicants will create their online pitch using MM’s guidelines and guidance.
January 15, 2020 – January 31, 2020: Applicants pitch their DreaMM to a panel of judges online
- If invited to the online “DreaMM Pitch Day”, you will be allocated an individual 20-minute slot and will have the opportunity to present your dream pitch however you choose: using a PowerPoint presentation, a video, a talk, or, think completely out of the box. It’s completely up to you! All we ask is that pitches are kept short, to a maximum length of 10 minutes, leaving another 10 minutes for questions from the MM panel.
February 10, 2021: MM announces the NCASS DreaMM winners!
Feburary 11, 2020 – May, 2021: MM onboards the winners into one of our London markets.
The Application Process Explained:
The MM Team will be evaluating your proposal using the following questions:
- Does your project or initiative fit within our MM culture?
- Does your project or initiative improve the world in some way?
- there originality in the proposed project or initiative?
- Is there clear potential for development?
- Is the proposed project or initiative in line with our vision for good food, sustainability and bringing value to communities? And if yes, how?
Welcome to MM
My name is Andrea Rasca. I have always loved markets and eating well. Nothing makes me happier than sharing a meal with my family and friends, laughing and eating together.
I started MM, my idea of an urban food market, to put real food back into our cities. In MM, you can buy bread made by bakers, eat food cooked by independent business owners and buy produce from artisanal makers. In a lively and warm atmosphere where communities are connected and people spend time chatting and talking to one another.
Our vision is for MM to be more than a market. We aim to create a vibrant MMovement with a vision towards good food, building communities and promoting sustainability, in everything we do. The ultimate DreaMM for us is to make nutritious and affordable food available to everyone.
Thank you for joining our MMovement.
How it all began
MM is much more than a food market; it’s an urban destination and a community space. We create responsible approaches to producing and consuming food and build communities through a diverse range of events, workshops and cookery lessons.
We are launching our DreaMM incubator to support entrepreneurs and incubate start-ups to break down barriers and build a thriving economy. As our Markets are expanding, we are looking for new people, businesses and initiatives who share our values to join our MMovement and bring their dreams to life!
Our MMovement is driven by a vision for good food, community and sustainability. This is our MManifesto.
Terms & Conditions of Entry into the DreaMM Campaign
A. In consideration of the submission of video and written application and any associated information (”Entry”) to participate as an applicant in the DreaMM Campaign, you (“You”) are accept these terms and conditions and irrevocably give Mercato Metropolitano Ltd including any of its group companies, employees, agents and contractors (“Mercato”) the right and permission:
- to publish your Entry on Mercato website and grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your Entry in electronic format and hard copy, both as a full video and as screen shots, for purposes connected with the DreaMM Campaign, and to adapt the Entry to enable such publication (including to shorten or edit it for such purposes), and You hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of Mercato, all moral rights in the Entry to which you are entitled.
- to use Your name, photograph and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as a participant in the DreaMM Campaign
You acknowledge and agree that having been selected as a finalist for the DreaMM campaign, You waive any right to royalties or other payment for the use of Your Entry. I attest that You own the copyright to Your Entry as its author. If another person has contributed to your Entry, You warrant that You have received an assignment of all associated copyright. Mercato reserves the right to ask for evidence of that assignment at any time.
B. You further represent and warrant to Mercato that:
- You have read these terms and conditions and confirm that You have full right and authority to execute this release and waiver.
- The video and written application is Your original work.
- All statements and information included in Your DreaMM Application and any other statements and information that You have provided or will provide to Mercato are true and complete.
C. By uploading your DreaMM participation video to social media with the hashtag #dreamm2020 and associated hashtags, you consent to allow your entry and basic information to be shared by MM for internal and external use with NCASS and other third parties, for the purpose of promotion and continuation of the DreaMM accelerator programme.
D. The DreaMM Pitch Day and accelerator programme are subject to cancellation or rescheduling at MM’s discretion and depend on current Covid-19 developments and any other restrictive measures.