Please note: this article was correct at the time of writing and publication. However, please bear in mind that advice and guidance may change at short notice due to the nature of this unprecedented situation. We are doing our utmost to provide up to date information, as and when it happens.
For the latest, please visit www.ncass.org.uk/coronavirus
We are determined to do everything possible to enable the independent and mobile food and beverage sector to make it through this unprecedented time and have been working hard to get results for you. We continue to need your help so that we can shout far and wide and together drive real change during what is a very challenging time for both your business and the industry.
So far we have:
Contacted the department of business (BEIS) to raise three key issues in government.
1. We believe that our members are hospitality businesses and should not miss out on the support offered by the Chancellor just because they do not have fixed site premises.
2. The Chancellor also relaxed planning rules to enable restaurants to operate as take away and believe that mobile caterers should also be able to offer this service.
3. There is going to be a great number of emergency support staff, including NHS workers, police officers and those working in education who may need sustenance, in addition to the millions of people living in need. We have offered to extend our emergency catering service for the period of any potential shut down to support efforts to combat the virus.
- These requests have been sent to the FSA, BEIS, DEFRA and DoE as well as the Department for Local Government & Communities.
- We have written to our local MP.
- We have asked the government if they would like to hire the mobile catering industry for the duration of the crisis.
- We are communicating daily with 25 other trade associations and lobbying consultancy, BTC.
- Our main focus has been to find ways of enabling members to keep trading and source financial assistance for their business.
Your Industry Needs You
The Chancellor is due to make a statement tomorrow and we are working towards our sector being addressed. To do this we need your support. You can:
1. Complete our industry survey
4. Share this post far and wide!
To discuss any of the above points or if you have any questions, please contact your NCASS Account Manager on 0300 124 6866 Monday -Thursday 9-5:30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm.